AA launches EV insurance to cover top five EV insurance concerns
More than two thirds (69%1) of drivers are concerned about cover for their electric vehicle should it be damaged when connected to a public chargepoint, according to a poll by the AA.
The survey of more than 15,500 people found that more than three fifths of drivers want EV insurance to cover damage to the main drive battery (65%), and almost half of drivers are also concerned about liability should someone trip over the charging cable (48%).
To provide assurance to prospective EV owners, AA insurance has launched EV insurance2 which provides cover for the top five insurance concerns raised by drivers.
Top five concerns drivers would like covered with an EV insurance policy;
- Accidental damage, fire or theft of the car and personal cables when connected to a public chargepoint – 69%
- Damage to the main drive battery – 65%
- Accidental damage, fire or theft of the car and personal cables when connected to a homecharger – 65%
- Damage to the charging cable – 48%
- Protection if someone trips over the charging cable – 44%
Source / More information : Read Full Release