Solar-Powered Car With ‘1,000-Mile’ Range
Aptera Motors announces it has closed its round of Series A funding, accepting a total of over $4 million. Aptera’s continued momentum has now garnered it over 7,000 vehicle reservations in just over two months totaling a quarter-billion in orders. The Solar Electric Vehicle (SEV) company is backed by crowdfunders, private investors and automotive leaders such as Sandy Munro of Munro & Associates, Inc.
Earlier this month, Aptera moved into a new production design facility in the Sorrento Valley area of San Diego. Part of a 60,500 square foot campus, the facility will be home to Aptera’s three completed vehicles and a team of development engineers. Areas of focus will be advanced 3D printing, composites, UI/UX development, and battery technologies development. As the company expands, Aptera will be evaluating additional locations for production facilities in San Diego and around the world.
Aptera Motors introduced the first solar electric vehicle (sEV) that requires no charging for most daily use and boasts a range of up to 1,000 miles per full charge, shattering industry performance achievements to date. Aptera leverages breakthroughs in lightweight structures, low-drag aerodynamics and cooling, material science, and manufacturing processes to deliver the most efficient vehicle ever made available to consumers.
Aptera key breakthroughs and features include:
- Record-breaking range: Aptera’s low drag gives it the longest range of any production vehicle ever created – achieving up to 1,000 miles per charge and unburdening drivers from frustrating range anxiety.
- Solar: Integrated solar can be configured to provide up to 45 miles of range per day with over 3 square meters and 180 efficient solar cells designed into the body structure. This makes Aptera the first vehicle capable of meeting most daily driving needs using solar power alone.
- Efficient powertrains: Liquid-cooled electric motors propel Aptera from 0-60 in as fast as 3.5 seconds, with a top speed of 110 mph. All-wheel drive and vectorized torque control give Aptera comfort, stability control, and the ability to handle inclement weather.
- Tunable efficiency: Adjustable settings built into Aptera’s user interface keep drivers updated with ways they can conserve energy and extend range in real time.
- Scalable manufacturing: Aptera has solved key challenges allowing for rapid, high-volume, and cost-efficient vehicle production – having just four main pieces.
How to Reserve Aptera:
Aptera is available for pre-order. For a refundable fee of $100, customers can reserve one of a limited number of special edition Paradigm and Paradigm+ vehicles, which will be the first produced in 2021. They can also design and customize their own Aptera and choose ranges of 250, 400, 600, or 1,000 miles in both AWD and FWD packages.
Pricing is between $25,900- $46,900+.
Information Source: Read Full Release ..–>
Press release by: