Global Electric Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution Market Report 2022: Featuring Profiles of Electricite De France, Enel SpA, Tokyo Electric Power, E.ON SE and Korea Electric Power
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Electric Power Generation, Transmission, And Distribution Global Market Report 2022” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global electric power generation, transmission, and distribution market is expected to grow from $4,091.77 billion in 2021 to $4,433.15 billion in 2022 at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.3%. The market is expected to reach $5,932.43 billion in 2026 at a CAGR of 7.6%.
Asia Pacific was the largest region in the electric power generation, transmission, and distribution market in 2021. Western Europe was the second largest region in the electric power generation, transmission, and distribution market. The regions covered in this report are Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa.
The power generation industry is expected to see increased investment activity in the forecast period. Investments in microgrid technology, renewables and other advanced technologies are expected to drive the market.
Electric power generation companies are increasingly using batteries to store solar energy during daylight hours. These energy-storage sites consist of large lithium-ion batteries. These batteries store enough energy to serve as a back-up in case of fuel shortages. They are designed to absorb solar power and feed it back to the grid. These systems minimize the need for capital intensive power generation plants, thereby enhancing transmission and distribution efficiencies and thus reduce operational costs. For Instance, by 2025, the World Bank Group aims to fund 17.5 gigawatt hours (GWh) of battery storage, more than tripling the current 4-5 GWh installed across all developing nations.
The report covers market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive landscape, market shares, trends and strategies for this market. It traces the market’s historic and forecast market growth by geography. It places the market within the context of the wider electric power generation, transmission, and distribution market, and compares it with other markets.
- The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the market.
- The market size section gives the market size ($b) covering both the historic growth of the market, the impact of the COVID-19 virus and forecasting its recovery.
- Market segmentations break down market into sub markets.
- The regional and country breakdowns section gives an analysis of the market in each geography and the size of the market by geography and compares their historic and forecast growth. It covers the impact and recovery trajectory of COVID-19 for all regions, key developed countries and major emerging markets.
- Competitive landscape gives a description of the competitive nature of the market, market shares, and a description of the leading companies. Key financial deals which have shaped the market in recent years are identified.
- The trends and strategies section analyses the shape of the market as it emerges from the crisis and suggests how companies can grow as the market recovers.
- The electric power generation, transmission, and distribution market section of the report gives context. It compares the electric power generation, transmission, and distribution market with other segments of the utilities market by size and growth, historic and forecast. It analyses GDP proportion, expenditure per capita, electric power generation, transmission, and distribution indicators comparison.
- By Type: Electric Power Transmission, Control and Distribution; Power Generation
- By End-User: Residential; Commercial; Industrial
- By Type of Operator: Public Operator; Private Operator
Subsegments Covered: Electric Power Distribution; Electric Bulk Power Transmission and Control; Hydro Electricity; Fossil Fuel Electricity; Nuclear Electricity; Solar Electricity; Wind Electricity; Geothermal Electricity; Biomass Electricity; Other Electricity
Regions: Asia-Pacific; Western Europe; Eastern Europe; North America; South America; Middle East; Africa
Time series: Five years historic and ten years forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, GDP proportions, expenditure per capita, electric power generation, transmission, and distribution indicators comparison.
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
- Electricite De France SA
- Enel SpA
- Tokyo Electric Power Co Holdings Incorporated
- E.ON SE
- Korea Electric Power Corporation
- State Power Investment Corporation
- Exelon Corp.
- Duke Energy Corp.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/60dt43
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900