NNPC Appoints New Chiefs for Port Harcourt and Warri Refineries

NNPC Appoints New Chiefs for Port Harcourt and Warri Refineries

In a bid to reposition the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and its key Strategic Business Units, the management of the corporation has sacked the Managing Directors for the Port Harcourt Refining Company (PHRC) and Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company (WRPC).
It also approved the appointment of new managing directors for the ailing refineries. The new Managing Directors are Mr Ian Udoh for PHRC and Mr Paul Obelley for WRPC. Announcing the changes, Acting Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division of NNPC, Mr. Fidel I. Pepple, said a number of other management staff were also promoted while others were redeployed.
He named some of those who were promoted and these include Farouk Ahmed formerly Executive Director in charge of Commercial at the Pipeline Products and Marketing Company (PPMC), now managing director of Nigeria-Daewoo Shipping Company (NIDAS). NIDAS is a joint venture between Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering and NNPC. NNPC holds 51% of the joint venture, and Daewoo holds the remaining 49%.
Also promoted were Mr Samuel Babatunde, formerly Executive Director Operations of the Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company, now Project Director Olokola Liquefied Natural Gas Project; Mr Abdullahi Dandume formerly Executive Director Operations, NNPC subsidiary, Nigerian Engineering and Technical Company (NETCO), now Managing Director NETCO.
The list also includes Aliyu Z. Sambo who was General Manager M&P and now becomes Group General Manager Accounts and Aholu Don Beks who has been promoted to Group General Manager Information Technology Division from his previous position of General Manager Information Services Department.
Also promoted are: Dr. Edwin Bako as Group General Manager Medical; Mr Sylvester Idemudia as Group General Manager (GGM)Greenfield Refineries, and Okhes K. Jonathan as GGM Power, Benjamin Obaigbena as GGM Research and Development and Dan Efebo as GGM Human Resources.
Those who were redeployed include Gabidon Meheux formerly Senior Technical Assistant to the Honourable Minister of Petroleum Resources, now Managing Director, NNPC Services; Chris Osarrunwese formerly Group General Manager Human Resources, now GGM Downstream Business Development; and Engr, Bayo Ibirogba formerly GGM Greenfield Refineries, now GGM Engineering.

#FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM