Oil & Gas industry deal activity in Q1 2021
Middle East and Africa’s oil & gas industry deal activity dropped 32.92%
A total of 27 deals worth $4.81 billion were announced for the region during Q1 2021, against the last four-quarter average of 40.25 deals.
Of all the deal types, M&A saw most activity in Q1 2021 with 27 deals, representing a 100% share for the region. In terms of value of deals, M&A was the leading category in Middle East and Africa’s oil & gas industry with $4.81 billion.
The top five oil & gas industry deals of Q1 2021 tracked by GlobalData were:
- PTTEP Mena’s $2.59bn asset transaction with BP Exploration (Epsilon)
- The $926m asset transaction with Shell Austria and Shell Egypt by Capricorn Egypt and Cheiron Holdings Egypt
- Heirs Holdings and Transnational Corporation of Nigeria’s $802m asset transaction with Eni, Shell Petroleum Development of Nigeria Ltd and Total E&P Nigeria
- The $132.13m asset transaction deal with Team Tankers Deep Sea by Torm
- Panoro Energy’s acquisition of Tullow Equatorial Guinea for $110m.
Information Source: Read Full Release ..–>