United States Carbon Dioxide Market Analysis 2022-2030 by Source (Hydrogen, Ethyl Alcohol, Ethylene Oxide, SNG), & Application (Food & Beverages, Fire Fighting, Oil & Gas, Medical, Rubber) – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “U.S. Carbon Dioxide Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report by Source (Hydrogen, Ethyl Alcohol, Ethylene Oxide, SNG), by Application (Food & Beverages, Fire Fighting, Oil & Gas, Medical, Rubber), and Segment Forecast, 2022-2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The U.S. carbon dioxide market size is expected to reach USD 6.59 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 8.4%.
Increasing usage of carbon dioxide for Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) in oil & gas plants is anticipated to result in the growth of the market. In terms of revenue, the hydrogen segment accounted for a significant share in 2021.
The growth of this segment can be attributed to the presence of leading hydrogen-producing companies in the country that have CO2 manufactured as a byproduct during hydrogen production.
Substitute Natural Gas (SNG) is expected to be one of the major sources of the production of CO2 in the U.S. This is due to a rise in the discovery of natural gas reserves in the U.S. with the deployment of shale technology.
The oil & gas application segment accounted for a significant share in 2021 owing to the application of carbon dioxide-based EOR in oil fields of the U.S. for efficient and effective oil production. Moreover, the usage of CO2 in the food & beverages and medical industries is anticipated to increase in the U.S. over the forecast period.
The growth of this segment can be attributed to the presence of a large base of food and beverage manufacturing facilities in the country, which is projected to expand further over the forecast period. The spread of COVID-19 hindered the growth of the market in 2020 and 2021 owing to the factors, such as the reduction in demand for CO2 in the country owing to lockdowns.
However, an increase in demand for CO2 from the manufacturers of pharmaceuticals and essential commodities, such as fire safety products, has been witnessed in the U.S., as well as across the world.
U.S. Carbon Dioxide Market Report Highlights
- In terms of revenue, the food & beverages application segment dominated the global market in 2021
- The hydrogen source segment accounted for the second-largest share of the global market revenue in 2021
- The growth of this segment can be attributed to the presence of leading hydrogen-producing companies in the country that have CO2 manufactured as a byproduct
- In terms of revenue, the SNG segment accounted for the maximum revenue share in 2021. SNG is derived from the gasification of coal and emits byproducts, such as CO2, hydrogen, carbon monoxide, and methane
- The rubber industry uses CO2 to clean the rubber molds and to remove flash from rubber objects by tumbling them with crushed dry ice in a rotating drum
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
Chapter 3 U.S. Carbon Dioxide Market Variables, Trends, and Scope
Chapter 4 U.S. Carbon Dioxide Market: By Sources Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 5 U.S. Carbon Dioxide Market: By Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
Chapter 6 Competitive & Vendor Landscape
Chapter 7 Company Profiles
- Linde plc
- Air Products Inc.
- Air Liquide
- Matheson Tri-Gas, Inc.
- Continental Carbonic Products, Inc.
- Greco Gas Inc.
- Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation
- Universal Industrial Gases, Inc.
- Zephyr Solutions, LLC
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/v9ik37
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900