Africa Oil Announces 2020 Third Quarter Results
The Company recognized a total operating income of $31.8 million and net income of $21.2 million during the third quarter of 2020. The operating income primarily relates to the Company’s share of profit from its investment in Prime amounting to $32.5 million.
For the nine-month period, the Company recognized a net loss of $97.5 million with a total operating income of $149.1 million being offset by $224.6 million in operating expenses, that primarily relates to the recognition of a $215.6 million non-cash impairment of intangible exploration assets, relating to the valuation of the Kenyan development project and Kenyan Block 10BA.
The Company ended 2020 third quarter with cash of $30.4 million and working capital of $7.3 million in comparison to cash of $329.5 million and working capital of $290.7 million at the end of 2019. The reduction in the Company’s cash position of $299.1 million is primarily attributed to its acquisition of a 50% shareholding in Prime for $519.5 million. This acquisition was funded with a cash payment of $269.5 million and a term loan facility of $250.0 million.
- The Company has received an additional $50 million in dividends from Prime1 subsequent to the previous reporting period. This brings the total dividends amount to $162.5 million since Africa Oil closed the Prime acquisition on January 14, 2020.
- Significant progress on deleveraging, including a 34% reduction in the corporate term loan from $250 million to $164.8 million, and a 29% reduction in the Prime RBL facility from $1,825 million to $1,303 million, for the year to date.
- Africa Oil third quarter net income of $21.2 million and nine-month net income of $118.1 million, excluding a $215.6 million non-cash impairment of Kenya exploration assets posted in the first quarter 2020.
- Selected Prime’s third quarter 2020 results net to Africa Oil’s 50% shareholding*:
- average daily working interest (“W.I.”) production3 of 26.9 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day (“kboepd”) and economic entitlement production4 of 27.8 kboepd with 83% in oil production (nine-month period: W.I. production of 29.5 kboepd and economic entitlement production of 35.3 kboepd with 85% in oil production);
- sales revenues of $212.5 million (nine-month period: $551.2 million);
- adjusted EBITDA5 of $99.0 million (nine-month period: $490.3 million); and
- cash flow from operations of $107.5 million (nine-month period: $438.0 million).
- Exploration success continued with the Luiperd discovery on Block 11B/12B, offshore South Africa and the farmout of Transkei/Algoa blocks to Shell.
Information Source: Read More……….
Submitted by: Press release
Report by: OGP/Segun Cole , Please email us your industry related news for publication info@OilAndGasPress.com
Follow us: @OilAndGasPress on Twitter | OilAndGasPress on Facebook
Most News articles reported on OilAndGasPress are a reflection of what is published in the media. OilAndGasPress is not in a position to verify the accuracy of daily news articles. The materials provided are for informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to provide tax, legal, or investment advice. OilAndGasPress welcomes all viewpoints. Should you wish to provide a different perspective on the above article, please email us info@OilAndGasPress.com
Information posted is accurate at the time of posting, but may be superseded by subsequent press releases