Eland Oil & Gas Give update on Opuama-3 workover in OML 40
IM-listed Eland Oil & Gas, an oil & gas production and development company operating in West Africa with an initial focus on Nigeria, has announced an operational update on the Opuama-3 well re-entry.
- Canal access clearing operations have been completed, providing the required access to the Opuama-3 wellhead.
- Mobilisation of contractor equipment, crude storage barges and the associated marine spread from Warri and Port Harcourt to the Opuama-3 wellhead has been completed. All equipment required for re-entry operations is on site
- Operations have begun and the planned Production Logging Tool (PLT) runs have been completed, successfully removing uncertainty with respect to oil and water producing intervals.
- The team will now carry out a water shut-off, before perforating the D2000 reservoir and an additional interval in the D1000 reservoir.
- The two new perofrated intervals are expected, in aggregate, to produce a further 2,000 to 4,000 bopd (gross).
They anticipate completing flow-testing of Opuama-3, including the two perforated intervals, within the coming weeks.
Further releases to the market will be made as and when appropriate.
Source: Eland Oil & Gas
Oil and Gas News Undiluted !!! “The squeaky wheel gets the oil”
Follow us: @OilAndGasPress on Twitter | OilAndGasPress on Facebook