Gas Discovery at Toro
Woodside advises that the Toro-1 exploration well in permit WA-430-P has intersected approximately 150 metres gross gas and 65 metres net gas within the Mungaroo Formation target.
The well reached a total depth of 3724 metres, referenced from the rig rotary table. Following drilling, wireline logging has been conducted and confirmed the presence of a gas column through pressure measurements and gas sampling. The well will now be plugged and abandoned as planned.
Toro is located in Western Australia’s Exmouth Sub-Basin and is within 22km of Woodside’s existing Ragnar-1A discovery.
Woodside Executive Vice President Global Exploration Philip Loader said, “This successful exploration outcome builds Woodside’s gas volumes within the Exmouth Sub-Basin creating options for maximising the value of our Australian assets.”
Woodside is the operator and 70% equity owner of WA-430-P. Mitsui E&P Australia has the remaining 30% equity.