Technip awarded major contracts for the TEN project in Ghana
Technip, leader of a consortium with Subsea7, has been awarded by Tullow Ghana Limited two contracts for the TEN Project, located offshore Ghana, at a water depth reaching up to 2,000 meters. Together, those two contracts have a combined value of approximately USD 1.23 billion, with a Technip share of about USD 730 million.
Technip’s scope of work includes the:
– engineering, fabrication and installation of 9 flexible risers(1), 3 flexible flowlines(2) and 12 flexible spools(3) totaling 48 kilometers;
– engineering, fabrication and installation of 33 kilometers of water injection and gas injection rigid flowlines;
– installation of about 63 kilometers of static and dynamic umbilicals(4);
– engineering, pre-fabrication, final assembly and installation of 10 well rigid jumpers(5) and delivery of further 6 prefabricated rigid jumpers.
For the benefit of this project in ultra-deep water requiring technical innovation, Technip has mobilized its worldwide organization combining together know-how and various areas of expertise. Thus, Technip’s operating center in Paris, France, will execute this project with the support of the Group’s offices in Accra, Ghana. The flexible pipes will be fabricated at Technip’s Flexi France facility in Le Trait, France and the rigid flowlines at the Group’s spoolbase in Evanton, UK.
The offshore installation is scheduled to be completed in the second half of 2016.
The TEN Field is located in the Deepwater Tano Contract Area, 60 kilometers off the coast of Ghana and approximately 30 kilometers west of the Tullow Operated Jubilee Field. Tullow Ghana Limited (a subsidiary of Tullow Oil plc) is Operator of the Deepwater Tano Contract Area with an interest of 47.175%. Other partner interests are Kosmos Energy (17%), Anadarko Petroleum (17%), Sabre Oil & Gas Holdings Ltd, a subsidiary of Petro SA (3.825%), and the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation (15%).
Frédéric Delormel, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Subsea, declared: “While the oil and gas market is rapidly growing in Ghana, we are proud to continue to contribute to the development of this country. Today, this new award demonstrates our ability to mobilize worldwide resources to bring strong know-how and technological innovation meeting the challenges of projects in ultra-deepwater.”
Jean-Marc Aubry, Senior Vice President, Technip’s Region A(6) stated: “We have been operating in Ghana for over four years, when we were awarded the Jubilee project, the first deep water field ever developed in this country. These new awards correspond to a significant milestone for our presence in Ghana.”
(1) Riser: a pipe or assembly of pipes used to transfer produced fluids and or products from the seabed to surface facilities, and transfer injection or control fluids from the surface facilities to the seabed.
(2) Spool: short length pipe connecting a subsea pipeline and a riser, or a pipe and a subsea structure.
(3) Flowline: a flexible or rigid pipe, laid on the seabed, which allows the transportation of oil/gas production or injection of fluids. Its length can vary from a few hundred meters to several kilometers.
(4) Umbilical: an assembly of steel tubes and/or thermoplastic hoses which can also include electrical cables or optic fibers used to control subsea structures from a platform or a vessel.
(5)Jumper: a short section of pipe for the connection of two subsea structures.
(6) Technip Region A is composed of Western Europe, Africa, India and Pakistan.
ISSUERS OF NEWS RELEASES AND NOT OILANDGASPRESS.COM ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OF THE CONTENT.
Public relations, press release distribution service, investor relations, SEC filing, regulatory news,upstream, downstream,corporate announcements,technology developments and political news
www.oilandgaspress.com – The ‘one stop shop’ for global Oil and gas press releases!!!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know about your events and we’ll list them free of charge
Email: email@example.com to Advertise your company’s services and reach thousands of oil and gas industry executives and professionals