GE to Form Three Public Companies Focused on Aviation, Healthcare, and Energy
GE (NYSE:GE) announced its plan to form three industry-leading, global public companies focused on the growth sectors of aviation, healthcare, and energy, by:
- Pursuing a tax-free spin-off of GE Healthcare, creating a pure-play company at the center of precision health in early 2023, in which GE expects to retain a stake of 19.9 percent; and
- Combining GE Renewable Energy, GE Power, and GE Digital into one business, positioned to lead the energy transition, and then pursuing a tax-free spin-off of this business in early 2024.
- Following these transactions, GE will be an aviation-focused company shaping the future of flight.
As independently run companies, the businesses will be better positioned to deliver long-term growth and create value for customers, investors, and employees, with each benefitting from:
- Deeper operational focus, accountability, and agility to meet customer needs;
- Tailored capital allocation decisions in line with distinct strategies and industry-specific dynamics;
- Strategic and financial flexibility to pursue growth opportunities;
- Dedicated boards of directors with deep domain expertise;
- Business- and industry-oriented career opportunities and incentives for employees; and
- Distinct and compelling investment profiles appealing to broader, deeper investor bases.
Information Source: Read More
Oil and gas, press , | Energy, Climate, Renewable, Wind, Biomass, Sustainability, Oil Price, LPG, Solar