Insights on the Oil & Gas Downstream Global Market to 2027 – Refineries to Dominate the Industry – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Oil & Gas Downstream Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2022 – 2027)” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global oil & gas downstream market is expected to grow at a CAGR of more than 4% during the forecast period.
Factors such as increasing refining capacity across Asia-Pacific and the Middle-East, and rising industrialization in developing countries, are expected to drive the oil & gas downstream market during the forecast period. However, the growing share of fuel-efficient vehicles and increasing penetration of electric vehicles in both developed and emerging economies are expected to hinder the market growth during the forecast period.
- Refinery segment is expected to dominate the market during the forecast period.
- Digitalization and modernization of the refining and petrochemical sector is expected to reduce the refining costs and process losses. This, in turn, is expected to create an opportunity for the market during the forecast period.
- Asia-pacific has dominated the oil & gas downstream market, with the majority of the demand coming from China, Southeast Asia, and India.
Key Market Trends
Refineries to Dominate the Market
- The global energy demand is anticipated to grow by 50-60%, in the next two decades. This growth in demand can be attributed to the growing world population and an improvement in living standards in the developing countries. Even though new and renewable energy sources are gaining popularity around the world, the petroleum fuel remains a major energy source, globally. This trend is expected to continue for the next few decades and benefit all the sectors of the petroleum industry.
- Further, increasing industrial activity and economic growth are likely to support the refining industry. In the developed countries, such as the United States, Brazil, the demand for diesel and other distillate is expected to be robust in the coming years. This demand growth can be attributed to the strong refinery industry in these countries.
- Hence, the refining industry is anticipated to recover over the next five years as fuel prices rise and consumption increases. Thus, the refinery industry is expected to be major factor for the growth of the downstream market during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific has dominated the oil & gas downstream market in 2018 and is expected to continue its dominance in the coming years as well. In 2018, Asia-Pacific accounted for almost 35% of the global refining capacity.
- Indian Oil Corp. and Hindustan Petroleum have allocated CAPEX for refinery expansion projects in Gujarat and Mumbai, respectively, in their FY18-19 budgets. Both the projects are expected to come online in 2021 and 2022.
- Further, the Indian petrochemicals industry is expected to witness increasing emphasis on investment in petrochemical hubs. The government is planning to set up petrochemical complexes all around the 22 refineries in the country. Clustering is expected to reduce operational costs and involve brownfield and greenfield development.
- Hence, the region is expected to dominate the oil & gas downstream market during the forecast period owing to the increasing investment in refining and petrochemical sector coupled with the expansion of existing downstream infrastructure in respective countries.
Key Topics Covered:
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Refining Capacity and Forecast in million barrels per day, till 2025
4.3 Oil & Gas Production Scenario (2010-2025)
4.4 Oil & Gas Consumption Scenario (2010-2025)
4.5 Refinery Throughput Capacity (2010-2025)
4.6 Key Projects Information
4.6.1 Existing Projects
4.6.2 Projects in Pipeline
4.6.3 Upcoming Projects
4.7 Crude Oil Price Trend Analysis (2010-2019)
4.8 Recent Trends and Developments
4.9 Government Policies and Regulations
4.10 Market Dynamics
4.11 Supply Chain Analysis
4.12 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.12.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.12.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.12.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.12.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.12.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.2 Petrochemical Plants
5.2.1 North America
5.2.4 South America
5.2.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Reliance Industries Ltd.
6.3.2 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
6.3.3 The Dow Chemical Company
6.3.4 BP PLC
6.3.5 Saudi Aramco
6.3.6 Indian Oil Corporation Limited
6.3.7 China National Petroleum Corporation
6.3.8 Total SA
6.3.9 Chevron Corporation
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/yl0xks
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900