Global Carbon Credit Trading Platform Market Research Report 2022
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Carbon Credit Trading Platform Market by Type (Voluntary, Regulated), System Type (Cap and Trade, Baseline and Credit), End Use (Industrial, Utilities, Energy, Petrochemical, Aviation), and Region – Forecast to 2027” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global carbon credit trading platform market is expected to reach USD 200.6 billion by 2027 from an estimated USD 67.3 billion in 2022, at a CAGR of 24.4% from 2022 to 2027.
As the drive to curb global warming gathers pace, carbon markets have become increasingly fundamental to achieving net-zero greenhouse-gas emissions. The carbon capture solutions are now leading the race against global heating, as they develop and deploy new, scalable, carbon capture technology that will enable us to stop the flow and remove the carbon dioxide already emitted.
Many companies are investing in trading carbon credits to help scale nascent carbon markets and create enduring value by safeguarding unique forest ecosystems and communities.
Regulated Carbon Market: The largest segment by type in the carbon credit trading platform market
Based on the type of carbon credit trading platform, the regulated carbon market segment is expected to exhibit the largest market share from 2022 to 2027.
The market is largely driven by mandatory national, regional, or international carbon reduction policies designed to achieve compliance with GHG emission reduction goals. Government strategy will dictate maximum emission limits (known as allowances or credits). Carbon emitters buy or sell carbon credits based on emissions generated with reference to their allowance limits.
Utilities: The largest segment by end use in carbon credit trading platform market
Utilities segment accounted for the largest share in the global carbon credit trading platform market, by end use segment. The dominance of this segment can be attributed to the high demand for electricity generation, which leads to high emissions from power utilities. This, in turn, is expected to create a huge demand for carbon trading platforms.
Europe: The largest region in carbon credit trading platform market
The market in Europe accounted for the largest share in the global carbon credit trading platform market during the forecast period. Market growth is driven by investments in clean power generation & electrification and the replacement of aging infrastructure to achieve higher efficiency. The region has also shown rapid industrial growth, driving the demand for carbon credit trading platforms.
The leading players in the carbon credit trading platform market include Nasdaq, Inc. (US), CME Group (US), AirCarbon Exchange (ACX) (Singapore), Carbon Trade Exchange (CTX) (UK) and Xpansiv (US).
- Strategies Driving Net-Zero Goals to Boost Carbon Credit Trading Platform Market Between 2022 and 2027
- Asia-Pacific to Exhibit Highest CAGR in Carbon Credit Trading Platform Market During Forecast Period
- Regulated Carbon Market Segment and UK Accounted for Largest Market Shares in Europe in 2021
- Regulated Carbon Market Segment to Account for Larger Market Share in 2027
- Cap and Trade Segment to Hold Larger Market Share Than Baseline and Credit Segment in 2027
- Utilities Segment to Dominate Carbon Credit Trading Platform Market, by End Use, in 2027
- Escalating Carbon Emissions Leading to Global Warming
- Rising Number of Markets Permitting Partial Use of Carbon Offsets
- Increasing Investments in Carbon Capture and Removal Technologies
- Lack of Market Transparency and Traceability
- Growing Number of Regulatory (Compliance) Standards and Industry Association Requirements
- Fraudulent Activities on Trading Platforms due to Lack of Cybersecurity
- Trends/Disruptions Impacting Customer Business
- Revenue Shift and New Revenue Pockets for Carbon Credit Trading Platform Providers
- Development of Blockchain-Based Carbon Credit Platform
- Market Mapping
Value Chain Analysis
- Project Developers
- Exchange Partners
- Traders/Brokers/Carbon Emitters
- End-users/Carbon Emitters
- Pricing Analysis
Case Study Analysis
- Banco Sabadell to Move Forward with Carbon Offsetting with Climate Trade
- Ben & Jerry’s Offset Provides Seed Funding for More Sustainable Agriculture
- Nasdaq, Inc.
- Eex Group
- Aircarbon Exchange (Acx)
- Carbon Trade Exchange (Ctx)
- Cme Group
- Climate Impact X
- Carbon Credit Capital
- South Pole Group
- Public Investment Fund
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/mavssd
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900