Global Biodiesel Market Analysis to 2030 – by Application, Product Type, Sales Channel and Region – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Global Biodiesel Market Analysis: Plant Capacity, Production, Operating Efficiency, Technology, Demand & Supply, End-User Industries, Distribution Channel, Regional Demand, 2015-2030” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Global Biodiesel demand stood at 25 Million Tonnes in 2020 and is forecast to reach 48.02 Million Tonnes by 2030, growing at a healthy CAGR of 6.75% until 2030.
Biodiesel is a type of fuel made from bio-based resources such as vegetable oil and animal fat. It is renewable in nature with a lesser carbon footprint. It can be used in existing diesel engines without modification. Biodiesel is produced via transesterification whereby glycerin is separated from animal fat or vegetable oil, leaving behind methyl esters and glycerin. Its major application areas are fuel and power generation. Lesser greenhouse gas emissions associated with biodiesel coupled with its biodegradable nature and the growing need to replace fossil fuel with renewable fuel are projected to drive the demand of biodiesel for the forecast period.
Moreover, high compatibility of biodiesel with the existing diesel engines is another factor fueling demand growth for biodiesel during the forecast period. Increasing population and the subsequent growth in the number of vehicles and other industries using biodiesel is also expected to support demand rise for biodiesel.
In 2020, the spread of COVID-19 in major global economies caused nationwide lockdowns, which had an impact on a number of industries. Automotive was among the most affected industries during the pandemic. In fact, during the pandemic, there was a fall in the demand of automotive industry. This had an impact on the demand of biodiesel for the first half of 2020. The demand for biodiesel fell during the coronavirus pandemic. Furthermore, the increasing demand for the environment friendly and greenhouse gas emission reducing gas is anticipated to aid the growth of the market in the upcoming five years. Also, government aid like subsidies and imposing mandates indicates a continued growth of the market.
Region wise, Europe region holds the major share of global demand for biodiesel due to early adoption and technological advancements of biodiesel. Moreover, increasing preference towards replacement of fossil fuel which is associated with higher greenhouse gas emissions with biofuel, which is renewable and biodegradable in nature, is also an influencing factor for demand growth in Europe.
In this report, global biodiesel market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below
- Market, by Application -Fuel and Power Generation
- Market, by Product Type-Vegetable Oil, Animal Fat
- Market, by Sales Channel-Direct/Institutional Sales, Indirect Sales
- Market, by Region-North America, APAC, Europe, MEA, South America
Major Players Include
- Australian Renewable Fuels Limited
- Arizona Biodiesel
- Ameresco Biofuels Corp.
- Sapphire Energy
- Renewable Energy Group
- Ag Environmental Products
- Louis Dreyfus Corp.
Years Considered for this Report:
- Historical Period: 2015-2019
- Base Year: 2020
- Estimated Year: 2021
- Forecast Period: 2022-2030
Objective of the Study:
- To assess the demand-supply scenario of biodiesel which covers production, demand and supply of biodiesel market globally.
- To analyse and forecast the market size of biodiesel.
- To classify and forecast global biodiesel market based on technology, end-use, and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the global biodiesel market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in global biodiesel market.
- To identify and analyse the profile of leading players involved in the manufacturing of biodiesel.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Global Biodiesel Market Outlook, 2015-2030
2. Global Biodiesel Demand Outlook, 2015-2030, By Volume
3. North America Biodiesel Market Outlook, 2015-2030
4. North America Biodiesel Demand Outlook, 2015-2030, By Volume
5. Asia Pacific Biodiesel Market Outlook, 2015-2030
6. Asia Pacific Biodiesel Demand Outlook, 2015-2030, By Volume
7. Europe Biodiesel Market Outlook, 2015-2030
8. Europe Biodiesel Demand Outlook, 2015-2030, By Volume
9. MEA Biodiesel Market Outlook, 2015-2030
10. MEA Biodiesel Demand Outlook, 2015-2030, By Volume
11. South America Biodiesel Market Outlook, 2015-2030
12. South America Biodiesel Demand Outlook, 2015-2030, By Volume
13. By Region
13. News and Deals
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/u4ran1
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900