Go!Foton Earns Fifth Consecutive Lightwave Innovation Award For CHT Clamshell Hardened Terminal
SOMERSET, N.J.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Go!Foton, a world leader in optical fiber networking solutions for service providers and data centers, announced today that its Clamshell Hardened Terminal was recognized among the best innovations of the year by the 2022 Lightwave Innovation Reviews. “On behalf of the Lightwave Innovation Reviews, I would like to congratulate Go!Foton on their honoree status,” said Lightwave Associate Publisher and Editorial Director, Stephen Hardy. “This competitive program allows Lightwave to celebrate and recognize the most innovative products impacting the optical communications community this year.”
Lightwave’s video honoring Go!Foton and the Clamshell Hardened Terminal can be viewed here.
Go!Foton will display CHT at this year’s Optical Fiber Communication Conference and Exposition (OFC) to be held at the San Diego Convention Center from March 6 to March 10. CTO Dr. David Z. Chen said, “CHT represents a major advance in optical connectivity management and a completely fresh approach to managing the proliferation of fiber drops in confined spaces for both inside and outside plant networks. By hardening the connection domain rather than actual connectors themselves, CHT offers hardened fiber terminal functionality using standard fiber drop cables and connectors.”
“Unlike other drop terminal solutions, Go!Foton’s CHT does not rely on expensive, proprietary hardened-termination drop cables. Instead, it works with any universally available flat or round drop cable,” said Mike Zammit, VP of Connectivity at Go!Foton. “With its ability to effect secure connections regardless of connector type, CHT liberates network managers and technicians from the hardware restrictions imposed by today’s dominant connector-centric approaches to termination. This translates into supply chain diversification, simplified inventory management, improved lead times, faster field installation, and significant cost savings.”
The unique Go!Foton clamshell hardened terminal design maintains subscriber port isolation with a discrete IP-68 rated port chamber-and-latch for each individual connection while affording safe, fast, and easy technician access. With its compact footprint, CHT fits easily into the small spaces that characterize both OSP and ISP environments allowing quick and effective build-out of fiber networks. The versatile terminal supports effortless add-drops, including fiber cable splicing as well as post-splicing drops with pre-terminated CHT pigtails. Available in either 4-port and 8-port versions with both external and concealed mounting options and a variety of cable stub lengths, CHT’s adaptability makes it the perfect solution for a wide variety of telecommunications and data communications implementations, including 5G, small/micro cells, rural, and DAS networks.
Go!Foton will be demonstrating the Clamshell Hardened Terminal at Booth #3714 of the 2022 Optical Fiber Conference (OFC) taking place through March 10 at the San Diego Convention Center.
- Reduces operating cost by eliminating dependence on expensive and proprietary hardened connectors (with which it is in any case compatible)
- Reduces the need for splicing in the OSP environment
- Diversifies supply chain with use of standard fiber cables
- Simplifies inventory management
- Deploys in a broad applications space across any OSP, 5G, or FTTx network
- Enables hardened connectivity using SC (simplex), LC (simplex or duplex), MPO, and new connectors like the SN, CS, and MDC
- Highly compact and rugged design ideal for concealed pole applications
- Compatible with any standard universal drop cable and off-the-shelf connectors
- Each drop connection individually isolated in a dedicated and easily re-enterable IP-68 rated clamshell chamber with clasp latching for reliable long-term performance
- Mountable on strand, wooden and concealed poles, and wall, pedestal, and underground mounts such as handhole & manhole environments
- Compact 4-Port and 8-Port configurations, permits easy expansion beyond the 5G, 8-port sweet spot to include 12, 16, 20, and 24 ports
- Variety of input fiber stub lengths with two spooling options depending on deployment scheme
- IP-68 tested and certified
About Go!Foton: Go!Foton (www.GoFoton.com) brings innovation to the market with proven expertise in optics and photonics that solves real world problems for its customers with a scalable and customized approach. The company serves the data center and telecom markets with connectivity solutions including its Platform with Enhanced Access for Compact Optical Connectors (PEACOC®), a groundbreaking technology that has revolutionized the way network operators manage the increasingly complex world of optical connectivity. The company also supplies optical materials and components to the imaging, medical, and instrumentation industries. A global enterprise with sales offices in the U.S., Europe, and Japan, Go!Foton maintains R&D and manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Japan, China, and the Philippines.