Mozambican Petroleum Industry Report 2022: Influencing Factors, Competitive Environment, Industry Associations, Outlook – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “The Mozambican Petroleum Industry 2022” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report focuses on petroleum products from crude oil, natural gas, liquefied fuels and lubricating oils and greases, and the wholesale and retail trade of these products in Mozambique. It includes information on exploration and production sites, licensing rounds, notable players and developments.
There are profiles of 18 companies including multinationals such as TotalEnergies, Eni and Galp, South African group Sasol, government-owned Empresa Nacional de Hidrocarbonetos (ENH) and Petromoc and Matola Gas Company
The Mozambican Petroleum Industry
Mozambique is largely reliant on oil and fuel imports due to lack of domestic refining capacity, and is a net importer of petroleum products. Upstream activities – including exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas – and the liquid fuel sector are dominated by multinational companies.
Vast natural gas volumes have been discovered in offshore Area 1 and Area 4 blocks in the Rovuma basin, but investment inflows and the development of mega projects could be at risk due to security concerns in the northern province of Cabo Delgado.
Natural Gas Production
Natural gas is produced in the Pande and Temane fields in the Mozambique Basin. A floating plant for LNG, which arrived in Mozambique in January 2022, is the first offshore LNG project to come online in Mozambique, the first floating LNG facility to be deployed in deep waters in Africa and the third one in the world. The floating plant has a capacity to liquefy 3.4Mt of natural gas per year from subsea gas-producing wells.
Opportunities for fuel retailers are growing due to improving economic conditions in Mozambique. Fuel retail is dominated by the major international players.
All petrol and diesel products for sale in Mozambique are imported in a centralised process with retail prices set by the regulator. Diesel and petrol prices are not subsidised by government.
Key Topics Covered:
2. COUNTRY PROFILE
3. DESCRIPTION OF THE INDUSTRY
3.1. Industry Value Chain
3.2. Geographic Position
3.3. Size of the Industry
3.4. Key Success Factors and Pain Points
4.1. Key Trends
4.2. Notable Players
4.4. Corporate Actions
4.6. Enterprise Development and Social Economic Development
7. INFLUENCING FACTORS
7.2. Economic Environment
7.4. Security Issues
7.5. Natural Disasters
7.6. Environmental Issues
7.7. Technology, Research and Development (R&D) and Innovation
7.8. Government Support
7.9. Input Costs
8. COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT
8.1 Barriers to Entry
9. SWOT ANALYSIS
11. INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS
- Abba Bokamoso Agricultural Development (Pty) Ltd
- Afrox Mozambique Ltda
- Bharat Gas Resources Ltd
- Bharat Oman Refineries Ltd
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd
- Bharat PetroResources Ltd
- Bharat Stars Services Pvt Ltd
- BP Mocambique Ltda
- BPCL-KIAL Fuel Farm Pvt Ltd
- Central UP Gas Ltd
- China National Petroleum Corporation
- Companhia Mocambicana de Gasoduto SA
- Companhia Mozambicana de Hidrocarbonetos S.A.
- Delhi Aviation Fuel Facility Pvt Ltd
- Energias Alternativas Renovaveis Lda
- Eni E&P Holding BV
- Eni Energy Activities Srl
- Eni gas e luce SpA
- Eni Gas Transport Services Srl
- Eni Mozambico SpA
- Eni New Energy SpA
- Eni SpA
- ETS SpA
- FINO Paytech Ltd
- Forjadora, SA
- Galp Mozambique Ltda
- Gas Distribution Company of Thessaloniki-Thessaly SA
- Gas Supply Company Thessaloniki-Thessalia SA
- Goa Natural Gas Pvt Ltd
- Haridwar Natural Gas Pvt Ltd
- Hu’s Hu Bride and Co (Pty) Ltd
- IHB Pvt Ltd
- Importadora Mocambicana De Petroleos Ltda
- Indraprastha Gas Ltd
- JFS Energia SARL
- JFS Imobiliaria S.A.
- Kochi Salem Pipeline Pvt Ltd
- Lemang Agricultural Services (Pty) Ltd
- Maharashtra Natural Gas Ltd
- Mariconsult SpA
- Matola Gas Company SA
- Matrix Bharat Pte Ltd
- Mozambique Rovuma Venture SpA
- Mumbai Aviation Fuel Farm Facility Pvt Ltd
- Oleos Mocambique Ltda
- PetroBeira Ltda
- Petroleos de Mozambique S.A.
- Petromoc e Sasol SARL
- PICSA Advisory Services (Pty) Ltd
- Puma Energy (Mocambique) Ltda
- Ratnagiri Refinery & Petrochemicals Ltd
- Rovuma Basin LNG Land Ltda
- Sabarmati Gas Ltd
- SAMCO Sagl
- Sasol Ltd
- Sasol Nywerhede (Pty) Ltd
- SEA SpA
- Sentraal-Oos Korporatief Ltd
- Seram SpA
- Servizi Fondo Bombole Metano SpA
- Sociedade Algodoeira do Niassa JFS S.A.
- Tecnica Industrial SARL
- TotalEnergies Marketing Mocambique S.A.
- Transmed SpA
- Transmediterranean Pipeline Co Ltd
- Union Fenosa Gas SA
- Vivo Energy Mozambique Ltda
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/bynmpe.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T. Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900