Global Consumer Batteries Industry to 2027 – Booming Digital World Spells Opportunities for Consumer Batteries – ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Consumer Batteries – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Consumer Batteries estimated at US$39.9 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$52.5 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 4.2% over the analysis period.
Primary Alkaline Batteries, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 3.3% CAGR to reach US$13.2 Billion by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Primary Zinc Carbon segment is readjusted to a revised 1.1% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 5.8% share of the global Consumer Batteries market.
The Consumer Batteries market in the U.S. is estimated at US$11.4 Billion in the year 2021. The country currently accounts for a 27.04% share in the global market. China, the world second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$10.3 Billion in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 6.6% through the analysis period. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 2.5% and 3.3% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 3% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$10.7 Billion by the end of the analysis period.
Trends, such as miniaturization and digitalization of consumer electronic products, have greatly influenced product design and powering capacity of consumer batteries. Another important factor which of late is influencing demand for batteries is product safety and environmental sustainability. Reflective of the fact is the growing global momentum towards banning of hazardous substances, such as mercury, cadmium, and lead from batteries. Already armed with the growing knowledge of harmful impact of batteries, certain regions such as Europe, have formulated directives, which restrict the usage of hazardous components like cadmium in batteries. Therefore, it is not surprising that in the coming years, battery chemistries such as Nickel-cadmium (Ni-Cd), would witness lackluster growth, particularly in the developed markets, where environmental concerns are gaining paramount attention among consumer groups and manufacturers alike.
Select Competitors (Total 112 Featured) –
- Battery Technology Inc.
- BYD Company Ltd.
- Duracell Inc.
- Electrochem Automation Inc.
- Energizer Holdings, Inc.
- FDK Corp.
- Jiangmen TWD Technology Co., Ltd.
- LG Chem
- Maxell Holdings, Ltd.
- Panasonic Corp.
- Samsung SDI Co. Ltd.
- Spectrum Brands, Inc.
- Tohoku Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Tronic Technology Global Ltd.
- Ultralife Corp.
- VARTA Consumer Batteries GmbH & Co. KGaA
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Influencer Market Insights
- World Market Trajectories
- Battery: An Introduction
- Evolution of Battery over the Years: A Snapshot
- Major Applications in Conjunction with Historical Developments
- Consumer Batteries: Designed to Power Small, Portable Devices
- Widely Used Consumer Batteries by Size: A Snapshot
- A Brief Overview of Key Consumer Battery Types by Chemistry
- Primary Alkaline Batteries
- Primary Zinc Carbon (Zn-C) Batteries
- Primary Lithium Batteries
- Secondary Lithium Ion Batteries
- A Comparative Review of Key Properties of Different Li-ion Batteries
- Li-Ion vs Ni-MH vs Ni-Cd: Key Technical Aspects
- Secondary Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) Batteries
- Other Types
- Consumer Batteries: Current Market Scenario and Outlook
- While Developed Regions Remain Primary Revenue Contributors, Developing Regions Exhibit Fast Paced Growth
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Healthy Trajectory across Key Product Categories Sustains Progressive Growth in Consumer Batteries Market
- Milestones in Mobile Phone Battery Domain: A Snapshot
- Tablet PCs
- Laptop PCs
- Milestones in Laptop Battery Domain: A Snapshot
- Bluetooth Wireless Consumer Electronic Accessories
- Recent Advancements in Wearable Device Battery Domain: A Snapshot
- Consumer Drones
- Recent Advancements in Consumer Drone Battery Domain: A Snapshot
- Booming Digital World Spells Opportunities for Consumer Batteries
- Expanding Internet User Base & Consumer Appetite for Digital Media: Key Traits of Modern Digital World
- Social Media and Social Networking
- Online Video Gaming
- Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Smart Home and Home Automation Instigate New Line of Opportunities
- SEGMENTAL PERSPECTIVE
- Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) Emerges as Major Product Category within the Consumer Batteries Market
- Bright Prospects Ahead for Consumer Li-Ion Battery Market
- Declining Trend in Battery Prices Amplifies Demand Growth
- Raw Material Dynamics Favor Progressive Momentum
- Increased R&D Investments Spur Market Momentum
- Addressing Challenges: Need of the Hour
- Need to Resolve Flaws in Lithium-ion Batteries
- Issues Impeding Growth
- Alkaline: Major Primary Consumer Battery Type
- Stable Growth on the Cards for Alkaline Batteries Market
- Zinc-Carbon Battery Segment Continues to Sustain Demand
- Primary Lithium Batteries Exhibit Faster Growth
- Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH): A Mature Technology, Yet Strong in Consumer Applications
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/k0wjw2.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T. Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900