Kodiak Gas Services Publishes 2021 Sustainability Report
Highlighting goals, progress and steps the company is taking to keep energy moving safely and responsibly
MONTGOMERY, Texas–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Kodiak Gas Services, LLC (Kodiak), a leading provider of contract compression services, today released its second sustainability report. Kodiak’s 2021 report reflects the progress made on the company’s mission to set the standards for environmental, social and governance leadership in the midstream sector by lowering greenhouse gases (GHG) and reducing waste; prioritizing the safety, training and development of its diverse workforce; and building strong communities through service.
“We have strategically approached sustainability by looking to the future and examining the role Kodiak can and will play to safeguard the environment, positively impact society and do business ethically and with integrity,” said Mickey McKee, president and chief executive officer of Kodiak. “We see this report as an opportunity to demonstrate how Kodiak will lead the midstream sector through the energy transition to a lower carbon future, and I’m proud of our team’s work to-date and what I know we can achieve in the future.”
Delivering on a commitment to environmental stewardship
Through Kodiak’s services, industry-leading mechanical availability and lowest emissions fleet in the industry, the company keeps energy moving while also helping customers advance their environmental goals. Environmental highlights from the 2021 report include:
- Setting ambitious emissions reduction goals and taking action by:
- Developing an environmental compliance program that ensures our compression units meet customers’ stringent emissions requirements
- Investing in technology; Kodiak launched ecoView, a real-time operations and emissions monitoring system
Building a foundation for the future
Kodiak continues to leverage the company’s strong safety, workforce development and community relations foundation to advance careers, improve safety and support neighborhoods where the company operates. In 2021, Kodiak’s social highlights included:
- Introducing and implementing new safety initiatives, including Life Critical Rules to protect employees by focusing on Kodiak’s most critical work tasks and ensuring each task is executed in accordance with safety training, policies and industry best practices
- Fostering an inclusive corporate culture to attract and retain a diverse workforce
- Offering a robust technical and professional training and development program to cultivate the “whole employee”
- Creating the Kodiak Cares Foundation to create positive change, support employees, non-profits and communities
Instilling accountability through leadership and execution
Governance at Kodiak is a priority, as the company is dedicated to doing business ethically and with integrity. The company is managed by a diverse six-member Board of Directors with over 140 years of combined industry experience. Together with the leadership team, they oversee Kodiak’s economic performance, business continuity and corporate resiliency.
“From inception through today, Kodiak has been an industry leader in many metrics, said Terry Bonno, audit committee chair & board member at Kodiak. “While maintaining industry-leading performance of guaranteed mechanical availability, acquiring amazing talent, setting audacious safety metrics and providing exceptional employee benefits, Kodiak, not complacent with the status quo, has continued to be a leader in the industry and is striving to change the ESG landscape.”
To download Kodiak’s 2021 Sustainability Report or learn more about the company, visit: KodiakGas.com.
About Kodiak Gas Services, LLC
Kodiak Gas Services, LLC is the third largest contract compression services provider in the continental United States with a revenue generating fleet of over 3 million horsepower. The company focuses on providing contract compression services to oil and gas producers and midstream customers in high‐volume gas gathering systems, processing facilities, multi‐well gas lift applications and natural gas transmission systems. More information is available at www.kodiakgas.com.