Schneider Electric Announces New Dedicated Team to Serve the U.S. Federal Government’s Infrastructure Needs
- Led by company-veteran Jay Owen, new team will exclusively serve U.S. Federal Government customers
- Federal team will offer portfolio of energy management and industrial automation solutions
WASHINGTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Schneider Electric, the global leader in the digital transformation of energy management and industrial automation, today announced it is forming a new dedicated team in the United States called Schneider Electric Federal. The team will be led by Jay Owen, a 28-year company veteran, and will focus exclusively on providing the Federal Government with solutions to drive improvements in energy efficiency, resiliency, sustainability, and security of the nation’s infrastructure through digitalization and electrification.
To help the Federal Government deliver on its priorities ranging from building energy savings platforms and diversifying power sources to making their installations and operations more efficient and resilient to climate change, among others, Schneider Electric Federal will:
- Design, deliver, operate, and maintain energy and sustainability solutions to support a vast array of electrification requirements
- Consult and provide solutions that capitalize on using data to identify waste, inefficiencies, leaks, and cyber risks. The visualization and interpretation of data enables infrastructure owners to improve decision-making, reduce energy consumption, and achieve greater operational efficiency
- Accelerate the digital transformation of infrastructure using its suite of design, build, operate, and maintain software to help customers do more with less energy and fewer resources
- Collaborate with its robust network of partners to deliver a full set of solutions to ensure the Federal Government is equipped to manage its most pressing energy needs today and into the future.
“At a time when customers are making unprecedented investments to modernize and transform our nation’s infrastructure, we’re aligning ourselves to provide cohesive access to the energy and sustainability solutions across Schneider Electric’s portfolio,” said Aamir Paul, President, Schneider Electric North America. “Schneider Electric Federal is a centralized team that will leverage its expertise and investments we’ve made to help customers achieve their ambitious decarbonization goals even faster.”
“At Schneider Electric Federal, we recognize that the integrity of the federal infrastructure and uninterrupted access to sustainable energy sources are critical to national security,” said Owen, Senior Vice President, Federal. “Schneider Electric has played a critical role in developing our nation’s energy infrastructure for more than 180 years and I’m eager for Schneider Electric Federal to continue shaping the country’s energy future.”
Schneider Electric has a long-standing history partnering with the Federal Government. It constructed an energy security microgrid at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar to allow operations at mission-critical facilities to continue uninterrupted if the utility power grid is compromised or damaged. It helped the U.S. Navy modernize 90 buildings and optimized its data center operations at two bases using $114 million in guaranteed energy savings. It also implemented more than $7 million in infrastructure upgrades at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Puerto Rico to enhance patient care, all delivered with no upfront capital investment through a guaranteed energy savings performance contract.
To learn more about Schneider Electric Federal, click here:
To learn more about Schneider Electric Government Relations, click here:
About Schneider Electric
Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, endpoint to cloud connecting products, controls, software, and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure, and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
Hashtags: #LifeIsOn #Sustainability #energytransformation #decarbonization #climateaction #NetZero #EcoStruxure #DigitalTransformation #Federal #IoT